
One of the things that I really have come to enjoy is my DVR. I know that there are many out there that prefer to stay completely away from the television, but I rather enjoy the opportunity to relax and unwind while watching a little bit of television.
With DVR, I control the TV instead of it controlling me. I can record two shows at once. Tho, if the TV is on when I am recording two shows, I either have to watch one of those shows or something that was previously recorded. (This normally never really happens - thus far, in about a three year time span it's only occurred about four times.) If my show moves days of the weeks, the DVR knows. Ican elect to record all episodes or only new episodes. (I love the fact that I can skip the re-runs!)
Having a DVR allows me to always have a show that is appropriate for my daughter to watch available. She's not too into television right now and is more curious about the world around her however there are a few that catch her attention. Some of the shows we record for her are Little Bear, Franklin, Oswald, Sesame Street, Blues Clues and Curious George.
For me, the nice thing about the DVR is I can watch the shows I want when it is convenient for me and in a fraction of the time, because I can skip commercials. I can start to watch a movie one weekend afternoon and finish it the next morning. I can start watching a show 10 minutes late and finish at the regular time because I don't spend time watching commercials. It really is a lot more convenient for me. I've come to realize that the majority of one hour shows are usually full of about 10-15 minutes of commericals.
Now, it may sound like I watch a lot of shows, but really, I only watch about six shows - Prison Break, My Own Worst Enemy, Private Practice, ER, Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives. The rest of the DVR scheduling is all my husband and daughter. Truth be told, Dh has an extensive list of shows he records. (Tho he never really gets around to them all. LOL!).
Find more Works for Me Wednesday tips at Rocks in My Dryer.






