Kathie
We hear it from every angle. Us Mom's need to make it a priority to find at least 60 minutes in the day for quality "me time." But how does any Mom find 60 minutes for something so trival as "me time" when there is dishes to be washed, laundry to fold, the children screaming for our undivided attention and let's not forget the husband who's asking us "what's for dinner?" Well, ladies, who says it has to be 60 minutes in one sitting? I know I haven't seen it anywhere in writing. Would it be nice? Heck Yeah! But is it really feasible for "me" 90% of the time. Sadly, it is not. But what if we switched the thinking? What if we found 60 minutes total in the day for "me time?" Now that, that my dear sweetnesses, I think we can all manage to do.

Oh, 60 minutes. How I envision thee. Might I spend my intervals knitting? perhaps reading? maybe exerise? perhaps just meditating and relishing in the moment? Oh the possibilities!!!!!!!!

Over the course of the last week, I've been deligently trying to get my 60 minute total fulfilled every day. Some days I might come up short but I know that there is always tomorrow. I have yet to have a 60 minute total moment in time but alas, I know it can be done - mostly on the weekends and only if I really, really, really dedicate myself to it versus the laundry awaiting me down below or the dishes to my right just staring at me. No, my dears. I may not have squeezed a full 60 minute time period but I have had five minutes here or 10 minutes there. They add up, baby!

Over the last week, I've spend my moments knitting Little Bears scarf and reading The first two volumns of The Vampire Diaries. I must confess tho, the majority of my time has been spent on the scarf. I've been knitting now for going on three weeks and I am just determined to finish this project. Not to mention the fact that I find the craft extremely relaxing. Ahhh, knitting. But, that's another topic for another time.

But i've been thinking, right now, my priority is to find those 60 minutes in a day. What I really want to do is to tweak it to where I've been able to fulfill three important areas -- Mind, Body and Spirit. Ideally, 20 minutes of each daily to total my 60 minutes. Doesn't this sound like such an awesome plan?!? I know. I rock. LOL! No, but seriously.......doesn't that sound like a great idea?

What I would like to do is something like this:

Mind - Reading of some sort. It can be reading on my breaks at work or at home. As long as I've gotten them in (which lately M-F it's during my two 15 min breaks)

Body - Any form of exercise whether it's the WiiFit, The Treadmill, Walking on my lunch break
or ideally what I want to do - Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (since i started and never finished)

Spirit - Any form of crafting - right now knitting. It sooootheeeeees my soullllll. (And it's usually done during my 30 minute lunch as of late)

Can ya dig it????

Photobucket

Labels: edit post
0 Responses