I was recently given the opportunity to try a good assortment of Newman's Own Organics products. One of them was some Fig Newman’s for Poppa Bear to try. He liked that they were bigger than Newtons (which let’s be honest, are the size of a postage stamp, and can be eaten by the sleeve). Other than that, he didn’t notice much difference in taste, which is good as he loves the more familiar version.




While I wish these contained whole wheat flour, compared to Fig Newton’s, Newman’s Own Organics the ingredient list is much more recognizable and has far fewer preservatives. And even the whole wheat fig newtons contain high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenized oils…yuck. So hopefully Newman’s Own Organics will add a whole wheat version to the line up soon!
What did I try? The Champion Chip Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. These were very good with a deep chocolate flavor and delightful milk chocolate chips mixed in—best of both chocolate worlds. While I rarely enjoy crunchy cookies—I am a chewy girl through and through—these had a nice combination of softness, yet had enough crunchy to make for a good milk dunker or ice cream topper. In a way, they sort of resembled the consistency of a meringue. These were a delightful indulgence for an evening dessert. What did Little Bear think of them? "Mmmm." and "more" were the words of her choice.




Newman's Own Organics Dark Chocolate


Just about every year at Christmas, we'd all get a chocolate orange. I loved the combination of orange + chocolate, and I'd always look forward to getting (and eating!) my chocolate orange. A piece of Newman's Own Organics Dark Chocolate sent me hurtling back down memory lane. The fruity orange tones blended well with the quality chocolate. However, it's not the super dark chocolate that I know a lot of you like. I don't like my chocolate too dark, so it was a perfect combination for me. However, I think it's pretty universal flavored chocolate--if you like fruit + chocolate, you'll like it!
Newman's Own Organics Cinnamon Hermit Cookies




These cookies are soft and chewy! Since the package says they're cinnamon-flavored, I wish that flavor was more pronounced. I couldn't taste the cinnamon very well, but I did like the big molasses taste. The cookies had a few raisins, which I liked. They're slightly caloric for me-- 1 cookie is 80 calories. I cannot say these were delicious for me. I'm not a huge fan of molasses. Tho I like cookies that contain them, the molasses flavor was too empowering for me for this cookie - especially since the name was for "cinnamon". However, Poppa Bear is a huge fan of molasses and enjoyed these very much. If you love soft chewy cookies (and molasses), you'll probably adore these! If you're a fan of crunchy cookies, the Newman's Own Organics Champion Chip cookies are more up your ally.




What did I try? The Champion Chip Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. These were very good with a deep chocolate flavor and delightful milk chocolate chips mixed in—best of both chocolate worlds. While I rarely enjoy crunchy cookies—I am a chewy girl through and through—these had a nice combination of softness, yet had enough crunchy to make for a good milk dunker or ice cream topper. In a way, they sort of resembled the consistency of a meringue. These were a delightful indulgence for an evening dessert. What did Little Bear think of them? "Mmmm." and "more" were the words of her choice.




Newman's Own Organics Dark Chocolate


Newman's Own Organics Cinnamon Hermit Cookies




I've got even more to try and write up, so stay tuned :)








Those hermit cookies sound great to me. I'm a big brown sugar fan... which is just sugar and molasses, I think. LOL!
You will probably love them and find them uber delicious. Tom did. The molasses was just entirely too overpowering for me. I hardly tasted the cinnamon. I will say tho that adding the raisans was a nice touch. Gave it added consistency and a different flavor to it. It was a good combo with the molasses and cinnamon.