I don't know about your dynamics but I can tell you that Poppa Bear never did believe in giving me flowers and/or candy for Valentine's Day. Nope, instead he would opt for jewelry. My kind of man!
Last Valentine's we did not do presents - with Little Bear being a little over a year old and still getting accustomed to our first home, first child, etc. etc. we opted for just dinner. I made his favorite dinner and that was it for the both of us - with movies of course. This is still an ideal frugal Valentine's Day option tho and certainly can be a most enjoyable one.
This Valentine's Day, however, is going to be a bit different. Poppa Bear was sooo suave about it too.
This morning, Poppa Bear says at the breakfast table "I was thinking, for Valentine's Day I never did like to get you flowers or candy. I prefer to give you something you want or need. Why don't you go ahead and buy yourself a new pair of K-Swiss's since your current pair is starting to look bad or that EA Sports Active game you've been talking about wanting forever." I immediately respond with "I thought we weren't doing the Valentine's thing this year just what we did last year?" To which he responded "Nah, go ahead. And don't bother worrying as to what to get me. I already told Jimmy to get me that Camero remote control car model. I should have it today or tomorrow." BWAHAhahahahaha!!!! There it is folks! He bought himself a toy and found an excuse for why he bought it and a way that I would get something too. hahahahaha! This is a typical Poppa Bear move. If you knew more of the history you'd understand why it is so funny (Right, Genie?)
What Poppa Bear didn't know was that last week I went ahead and bought EA Sports Active last week and put it on my charge. He did not know that yet however so what I decided to do this morning was take that money out of our account and just put it on my credit card and pay the purchase off. Guess I did the same thing he did but sooner -- an early Valentine's Day present. hahahahahaha!!!
Thanks Poppa Bear for my early Valentine's Day present. I've enjoyed it a great deal this past week and certainly will for many future workouts to come. (Yes Blogger's, I will put a review on this product here on the bloggy in the near future. ;-) )
As for the day itself, we'll probably just do our usual weekend movie nights and that's perfectly okay with me.
What about you? Does your significant other/spouse opt to give you other items instead of the traditional flowers & candy? Do you do something special for this day every year? Whatever you do, I hope you have the best Valentine's Day weekend ever!









You are both sneaky little buggers. LOL
he's a bad influence at times isn't he? LOL!