Kathie
No internet access since Friday is a royal P.I.T.A. Let me just tell you...you really have no idea how much you use and rely on the internet until you do not have it for a few days. Yikes!!!  That being said.......

I've missed all of you so much. I tried to get around to everybody's blogs today but I might have missed a few. Sorry! I'm trying to get to everyone but it's hard to catch up on almost a week's worth of posts. Forgive me but i'll be back now. :o)

Here on the work front, my boss is officially on vacation until the 27th. Oh man, today is so nice!!!! I also was given a brand spankin' new pc. The old one was just not fixable. This one has Windows 7 Professional and it's SWEET!!!!!!

On the home front, today after work I will have my first PT appointment for my knee. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I haven't worked out in two weeks and I'm just going completely insane!!  The knee feels 100x better than last Mon-Wed but it's still very much aggravated with certain activities like climbing/walking down steps and moving from brake to gas in the car.  I made the mistake of forgetting my knee (I now only wear the brace when driving) and walked normal (for me this is speed walking) and well, the knee said "HELLO" in a not-so-nice fashion.  Blah! Pooters!! I'm hoping that this PT appointment will help me in assessing what I can and cannot do for working out during this rehabilitation process. If anything, I should be able to workout my upper body.

I am also tossing around the idea of seeing an actual Ortho.  I've been reading up on my knee symptoms and although we know I have an MCL strain, I feel there is more to it like Runners Knee or some small damage to my Meniscus. I'm sure the PT will probably be able to tell during my evaluation and/or PT appointments.  If she does, we'll see what she says. If not and they subside, I wont see an Ortho but I'm thinking I might anyway just to make sure my knee is okay. With getting into running more, it would be best to be proactive and "get 'er dun" - especially since I do not need a referral.  We'll see what happens....

We've had some crazy weather the last two weeks. All last week it was Summer-like weather in the hig 80's and now this week we are in the mid-high 60's topping out at 72 today. Big difference but with the sun shining BEAUTIFUL! Really makes me miss running outdoors. Le Sigh....

Found out yesterday that I can basically go/rent from any library in the County. This is FAB because our town library SUCKS!! Every book I want to read they dont have and I have to put it on "hold' and wait a few days before one is shipping from another branch. I forgot all about the fact that I can rent/go to any library w/i the County until I called the library here by work (literally two mins away). I used to go to this one but about 20 years ago.  Man, how things changed and didn't. It's soooooooooo much better than our town's.  Much more variety and they have a ton of media for rent also (DVDs, CDs). Our town library rents out DVDs but they want to charge you $2.00/rental per day. This one there is no rental per day price unless you are late (after your 7 day rental - i dont know about you but i dont keep movies that long). They also have a HUGE Storyhour room for the children and a HUGE children's section complete with computers and climb & slides.  Little Bear would LOVE it!!  Needless to say, this will be the library primary choice from here on out.  What's even better is I can return the book to whatever library is convenient for me - so if I cant return at this branch and want to return it at the one by our house I can. Wahoo!

I went to the library to finally rent and start reading the Twilight series. I know, I know. I'm normally not one to watch a movie then read the book but my co-worker said I am missing A LOT. So, I've officially started at the very beginning. And let me just say it's very hard to read a book when you've watched the movie at least six times. I want to skip around but I know I can't. LOL!! I rented another book too for educational purposes (and also my main reason for going to the library) but that's a different post all in itself. Such a tease, I know. ;o)

Well, I really must be going now....I have some more work to finish up around the office and paperwork to fill out for my appointment tonight. Wish me luck!!!

Photobucket
Labels: edit post
0 Responses