Kathie
Wow! I could not have asked for a better First Weekend of Spring! 

We had weather that was sunny and temps in the mid-70's. How glorious is that?! This called for a lot of time spent outdoors.

Friday night kicked off the weekend with taking Little Bear to the park after work.  We stayed until the sun went down and she couldn't have been more thrilled. She even made quite a few friends - the park was packed!!! We even let the Little Bear stay up and fall asleep on the couch with us. She didn't end up falling asleep until 10.

Saturday was just awesome!! Poppa Bear gave our cars oil changes and put on new front brakes for mine. While he did that, Little Bear and I played outback in the sunshine cleaning up the backyard, playing in the sandbox, swinging on the swing. We made a trip to Walmart for some grocery shopping and then later went back to the park for more fun in the sun. Little Bear also has this thing right now for running "run, mommy"...so we had to run around the block twice. The girl has some crazy energy right now, let me tell ya. We also brought out the corvette we bought her last year (that I told Poppa Bear she was too young and too small for). We wanted to see how much she had grown and if she would be able to drive it this year. Well, she was!!! We, of course, tried it out in our backyard. After realizing she was good to go we drove down the street. Afterwards, we packed it up in Poppa Bear's truck and took it over to Grandmom's house where she has a huggggggge backyard that Little Bear can drive in and get more fun out of. The girl drove her little heart out that day.  After the day was over, I spent a good amount of the evening hours on our lovely front porch. I just love our front porch. It is so cozy and with the weather the way it was, I just couldn't go back into the house and not enjoy it, ya know?

Sunday as pretty much lazy day. I had already gotten all the laundry done on Saturday so there really wasn't any of that to be had - good thing too because Poppa Bear and I woke up very tired and lazy like. You ever have one of those days?  Little Bear, on the other hand, woke up with tons of energy ready to "go outside."  Needless to say, She and I went to another park to roam and play for a few hours.  She just had a ton of fun and wore out some of that energy of her's. 

The house didn't get clean this weekend like I would have liked (I need to start on the Spring Cleaning) but my daughter had a grande ol' time this weekend enjoying the very first warm weather weekend after Winter. We could not not go out and enjoy it. All and all, a fabulous weekend leaving this Momma Bear T I R E D!

How was your First Weekend of Spring??? Did you spend it well?

Photobucket
Labels: edit post
0 Responses