If it's one thing I love it's a nice healthy glow. There is just something about a tan on a woman that leaves her looking healthy, feeling confident and well, all around Summer Goddess. I don't know about all of you but I also feel that when I have some color to me that a tan also helps me to look a bit slimmer. Oh the lights and the dillusions how they can help us, so. LOL!What I do not like about a tan is what you have to do to your skin to get it. Hours upon hours of sun damage by Praying to the Sun Gods. Exposing you skin to all those UVA and UVB rays. Indoors, Outdoors it doesn't matter how. It just matters that you are damaging your skin. Most importantly, you're opening up yourself to the possibility of skin cancer. Now, I am not one to preach I've had my share of sun worshiping. Truth be told, I was a pretty obsessive tanner back in my day. That was until about two to three years ago (Yes, right before Little Bear was born) that I had a small scare and ever since...well, it's just opened my eyes (and also gave me a few wrinkles around them. Yuck!)
I'll admit, I was heart-broken and crushed. I was soon going to be the color of skin I have not seen in 20 years!!! Not to mention the Vitamin D always gave me such awesome energy. That's when I started the daunting task of finding the right self-tanner. If you're reading this i'm pretty sure you've been there and are sitting there shaking your head - maybe even laughing. You know the drill....read labels, check reviews, purchase it only to come home and find yourself orange eight hours later. Yikes! Just walk around Umpa Lumpa Style why don't ya. Then of course there is the application...Oy...streaks, streaks and more streaks. Just what we need on top of our already orange skin. Now we're white and orange striped! Yikes!!!
When I was just about to give up I found it. The holy grail of self tanners. The one that would hold a place in my heart forever - Famous Dave's Tanner. This little gem will put a small dent in your wallet at about $22.00 a bottle (I know, I know!) but I can assure you it is worth every penny! Famous Dave's Tanner really is the best on the market. It has even been featured in various magazines such as Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan.

Famous Dave's Tanner bathes your skin in the rich emollients of Aloe Vera, Sesame, and Jojoba, which soften and add healthy moisture. It is also fragrance-free. Drying time is fast - within five minutes of application - a huge plus for me. It is also very buildable. When I first tried this I already had pale, fair skin. To be pretty blunt, I matched my white gym socks! (Gross, I know! So depressing!) The first application will leave with a nice, soft, glow - like you spent the day strolling around Central Park. Apply another layer and you have a deeper, darker tan. Apply as many layers as you like. It's totally buildable. Unlike other sunless tanners, this is also not stainable so fear not, your clothes will be safe. the lotion is also very moisturizing. It is slightly a bit of a body butter consistency but that's okay because it helps to ensure you really get it in.
For me, the color usually lasts about seven days. It's unlike other sunless tanners where when you shower it starts coming off and you start looking like a leopard. Not this. Honestly, I usually don't even notice it's worn off until after the fact and realize I'm Casper again. Thus why now I just add it as a part of my weekly pampering routine.
I have never purchased the same self-tanner more than once until this product. I'm already on my sixth bottle! If you've been looking for a self-tanner that you will LOVE and want to shout from the roof-tops or a High Priority email to your girlfriends...this IS IT!
Do you have a TILT to share? Something you just love having around? Head over to the Diaper Diaries and join in, or just visit others who are sharing their TILT.






