*I am using the Girls Gotta Move 5k Training program.
This week's training is going very well. Day two was a cross training day and I had decided that I would do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred because although I was bored by the end it really is a great workout. However, I was reminded later on that evening why the main reason I stopped using the dvd. Unfortunately, the 30DS irritates my knee and caused it to hurt like heck all night and most of the day yesterday. Genie and I's thoughts last month were correct --- we are just not that young any more and require more of a warm up before going into all that jumping around. It's just too hard on the knees. This is sad because I really enjoy this workout. I'll tell you this much, I did level 1 and thought because I'd done it before it would be easy. I was sadly mistaken. It kicked my butt and then some! Whew!!
Day 3's training was yesterday. It was another 25 minutes of 3/2 segments. It went better than Monday's. I increased my speed from 5.0 to either 5.2 or 5.4 - halfway in I stuck to the 5.2. I do not want to get too over zelous and cause injuries making me lapse and start over, ya know? I, of course, tacked on another segment to total a 30 minute workout. Sadly, I do not have any stats to post because my Polar F6 monitor bit the bullet. :*( A sad day indeed. I loved that thing. I do, however, have a Nike Imara sitting on my desk in the office. It requires a battery and I probably won't be able to get one for a few days. I will feel lost without it but that will just have to do for now.
Today's training is supposed to be a Rest Day. I'll be doing some Sheva Rea Daily Energy Yoga this evening. She was on FitTV last month for a hot minute. I'm so glad I DVR'd it to try out because I LOVED it! And that would be an understatement. It's held a place on my DVR ever since - at least until I purchase the dvd itself. I'd highly recommend her. She's fabulous!!! It's the perfect compliment to my 5K Training Program. I plan to incorporate yoga on my rest days and think it will be an excellent addition.







