Now that i'm really getting down to business with this whole running thing - you know, a 5K on the pavement and all - not just the treadmill running - I thought it' be time to get myself fitted for the correct pair of running shoes for me.
Both Little Bear and I were feeling on the better side Wednesday night so we decided to stop by the South Jersey Running Company to get the deed done. That's where we met TJ - our handy, dandy sales associate. He was going to help us find out exactly what was up with my feet and dress it like the queen.
After about 20 minutes, TJ informed me that my right foot was just peachy keen...perfectly normal in every way--gait and arch. My left foot, however, was less to be desired. Apparently, my left likes to be different --- it was a 1/2 inch longer than my right...it also has a lower than normal arch and is quite the over-pronator. The complete opposite of my right. Crazy, right? His suggestion was a sneaker with a lot of stability (for that left foot) and cushioning for my bad back and old softball knee injury. I'm not really sure on the particulars and exact terminologies but I might call today for a follow up call and find out so I know for future reference. I was too excited to soak all that he was saying into my noggan. That's when he brought out three lovely shoes for me to try. They were the Asics GT-2150, Saucony ProGrid Triumph 6 and the Adidas Supernova.
I tried on the Asic's first...Ahhhh comfort!! Just the right snug fit around my arch and a nice roomy box toe. Of course the cushioning was fab too!! Then I tried on the Saucony's....they weren't too bad either but the support in the arch wasn't as nice and snug as the Asic's. Then the Adidas...well, I just didn't like those one bit. It was certainly a toss between the Asic's and Saucony's. I tried the Asic's on the left and the Saucony's on the right for one last fit....In the end I went with the Asic's. I really wanted to try on some Mizuno's or Brooke's but he didn't bring any out (and I know they carried them). I do not know if that's because they did not have any in my size (6.5 - a half size larger than I normally wear bc of the whole left foot thing, ya know) or they did not have any for my feet requirements. *shrug*

While I was there I also tried out my first pair of Running Socks. TJ had me try the Balga one's. Oh my gosh! Talk about heaven on feet! I now see why they say no to cotton socks and yes to these babies!!! *Swoon* Of course for $10/pair they better be nice and do their job. In the end, I bought these too. A girl's gotta do it right, right? I'll just have to do some searching on getting these babies for cheaper.
Before getting fitted, I have been wearing the Saucony's ProGrid Hurrican 8's. According to last night's research I was on the right path as to wearing the right shoe. They've been working great for me on the treadmill but didn't cause any knee or leg pain until recently while I took the the pavement for our lunch time walks around the park. TJ says it is probably starting to wear down. I'm just glad that now I know what kind of foot and stride I have so I now know what kind of future shoes to purchase. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain for the next four days! Urgh!!! I really am super excited to get these babies on the pavement and try them out. I've got a 15 day return policy on these so if they aren't right for me I can exchange them for another one. I don't think that will be the case tho. These babies seem to be really nice and suit my feet just fine (and according to last night's research also the Running Worlds Runners Best Choice! who'd have thought?!)
Both Little Bear and I were feeling on the better side Wednesday night so we decided to stop by the South Jersey Running Company to get the deed done. That's where we met TJ - our handy, dandy sales associate. He was going to help us find out exactly what was up with my feet and dress it like the queen.
After about 20 minutes, TJ informed me that my right foot was just peachy keen...perfectly normal in every way--gait and arch. My left foot, however, was less to be desired. Apparently, my left likes to be different --- it was a 1/2 inch longer than my right...it also has a lower than normal arch and is quite the over-pronator. The complete opposite of my right. Crazy, right? His suggestion was a sneaker with a lot of stability (for that left foot) and cushioning for my bad back and old softball knee injury. I'm not really sure on the particulars and exact terminologies but I might call today for a follow up call and find out so I know for future reference. I was too excited to soak all that he was saying into my noggan. That's when he brought out three lovely shoes for me to try. They were the Asics GT-2150, Saucony ProGrid Triumph 6 and the Adidas Supernova.
I tried on the Asic's first...Ahhhh comfort!! Just the right snug fit around my arch and a nice roomy box toe. Of course the cushioning was fab too!! Then I tried on the Saucony's....they weren't too bad either but the support in the arch wasn't as nice and snug as the Asic's. Then the Adidas...well, I just didn't like those one bit. It was certainly a toss between the Asic's and Saucony's. I tried the Asic's on the left and the Saucony's on the right for one last fit....In the end I went with the Asic's. I really wanted to try on some Mizuno's or Brooke's but he didn't bring any out (and I know they carried them). I do not know if that's because they did not have any in my size (6.5 - a half size larger than I normally wear bc of the whole left foot thing, ya know) or they did not have any for my feet requirements. *shrug*

While I was there I also tried out my first pair of Running Socks. TJ had me try the Balga one's. Oh my gosh! Talk about heaven on feet! I now see why they say no to cotton socks and yes to these babies!!! *Swoon* Of course for $10/pair they better be nice and do their job. In the end, I bought these too. A girl's gotta do it right, right? I'll just have to do some searching on getting these babies for cheaper.
Before getting fitted, I have been wearing the Saucony's ProGrid Hurrican 8's. According to last night's research I was on the right path as to wearing the right shoe. They've been working great for me on the treadmill but didn't cause any knee or leg pain until recently while I took the the pavement for our lunch time walks around the park. TJ says it is probably starting to wear down. I'm just glad that now I know what kind of foot and stride I have so I now know what kind of future shoes to purchase. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain for the next four days! Urgh!!! I really am super excited to get these babies on the pavement and try them out. I've got a 15 day return policy on these so if they aren't right for me I can exchange them for another one. I don't think that will be the case tho. These babies seem to be really nice and suit my feet just fine (and according to last night's research also the Running Worlds Runners Best Choice! who'd have thought?!)






