Last week I had mentioned that my house was full of sickness – primarily being the little one’s. Well, we had some excitement since that last post thus why I was MIA until yesterday.
I decided to take the plunge and call the pediatrician. We were going on Day Four and no improvement had been made. Lucky for me I am fortunate enough to have a Mother In Law readily available when/if we need her. I called the Dr and managed to get her a 1:30pm appt on Thursday. Mom R. graciously took the little one to her appointment and would call me with the verdict. This way I did not miss any work. Well, I get a call at 2:21 saying the Dr. said they had to take her to the hospital NOW for blood work and a chest x-ray. Needless to say, I left work.
The Dr ordered the chest x-ray because she had this awful cough for the last two weeks. She then ordered the blood work for what I don’t know other than to assume it was for to check for any signs of infection. What I thought was an ear infection wasn’t as her ears were perfectly clear. Weird, she had all the signs. Anyway, long story short…..Chest Xray came out clear…no ammonia or anything like that. Blood work came back fine also.
Friday morning rolls around and I’m brushing her teeth and all is well. She goes to eat her cereal and screams “OUCH!” The hubby and I looked at each other and said “new tooth!” But how could that be?! She didn’t have any of her tell-tale signs that she has always had previously. It did not occur to me that maybe she was/is starting to cut her 2 year molars. She has all her teeth but those two. I forgot that all the signs of an ear infection also can mean tooth cutting - but why did the Dr not even check or mention that?!?!?!?!? After Little Bear’s reaction, I asked her to let me take a peek inside and….Sure Enough….
We have a new tooth!!! Two Year Molar #1 is halfway in. All that worry! All that commotion!! All those bills for testing the day before!! All for a tooth!!!!! I would have never had guessed because, truth be told, all the other teeth never caused her problems. We did not even know she was teething until she had this awful diarrhea and diaper rash. With this particular tooth, she just had a week-long fever and all the signs of an ear infection.
Needless to say, as of today Two Year Molar #1 is doing well. It’s only half in but I’m sure it will take a while for the rest to cut through from what I am reading. I checked out the other side this morning and I see some irritation going on so I bet we’ll be in for the Final and Round 2 for Molar #2 soon. At least this time we know what to look for and won’t need to panick.
I decided to take the plunge and call the pediatrician. We were going on Day Four and no improvement had been made. Lucky for me I am fortunate enough to have a Mother In Law readily available when/if we need her. I called the Dr and managed to get her a 1:30pm appt on Thursday. Mom R. graciously took the little one to her appointment and would call me with the verdict. This way I did not miss any work. Well, I get a call at 2:21 saying the Dr. said they had to take her to the hospital NOW for blood work and a chest x-ray. Needless to say, I left work.
The Dr ordered the chest x-ray because she had this awful cough for the last two weeks. She then ordered the blood work for what I don’t know other than to assume it was for to check for any signs of infection. What I thought was an ear infection wasn’t as her ears were perfectly clear. Weird, she had all the signs. Anyway, long story short…..Chest Xray came out clear…no ammonia or anything like that. Blood work came back fine also.
Friday morning rolls around and I’m brushing her teeth and all is well. She goes to eat her cereal and screams “OUCH!” The hubby and I looked at each other and said “new tooth!” But how could that be?! She didn’t have any of her tell-tale signs that she has always had previously. It did not occur to me that maybe she was/is starting to cut her 2 year molars. She has all her teeth but those two. I forgot that all the signs of an ear infection also can mean tooth cutting - but why did the Dr not even check or mention that?!?!?!?!? After Little Bear’s reaction, I asked her to let me take a peek inside and….Sure Enough….
We have a new tooth!!! Two Year Molar #1 is halfway in. All that worry! All that commotion!! All those bills for testing the day before!! All for a tooth!!!!! I would have never had guessed because, truth be told, all the other teeth never caused her problems. We did not even know she was teething until she had this awful diarrhea and diaper rash. With this particular tooth, she just had a week-long fever and all the signs of an ear infection.
Needless to say, as of today Two Year Molar #1 is doing well. It’s only half in but I’m sure it will take a while for the rest to cut through from what I am reading. I checked out the other side this morning and I see some irritation going on so I bet we’ll be in for the Final and Round 2 for Molar #2 soon. At least this time we know what to look for and won’t need to panick.







