I am officially past the one week mark with The 30 Day Shred (aka 30DS) and I thought now would be a good time for an update.
I will not lie when I say this first week started off ROUGH. I knew I was weak and out of shape but boy was I humbled by Miss Jillian. It most certainly was a workout in itself. However, as each day passed and I continued to do Workout 1 (out of 3) my stamina and strength were clearly improving. It wasn't until yesterday that I took the plunge and said "forget doing Workout 1 for 10 days before moving on, I'm going to move up now." (Side note: Noone says you have to do each workout for 10 days. It was just what I had pre-planned knowing there was a possibility it would change)
Yesterday came and there I was - standing in front of the TV clicking on Workout 2 secretly nervous as to what Miss Jillian was about to bestow on my poorly shaped, weakened muskles self. And we were off.................oh.............my............glorious........God.....this is going to be the death of me! Yes, that Workout 2 of her's is the devil. Yup, I'm pretty sure of it. It is quite deceiving. It certainly looked easy but ladies (or gents!) do not let that fool you. Oh no. It lies!! Lies I say. All of your muscles will be hurting. Muscles you forgot you had. All the while your cardiac muscles are so intense you feel as though your heart is about to burst out of your chest. Ey Curumba! But did I stop?! Heck No! I pushed and pushed some more. I was going to finish this workout darnnit. After all, it's only 20 minutes. Child's play I say. NOT!
After my 20 minute Workout 2, I felt relieved. I also felt refreshed, energized and proud of my accomplishments. After about two hours post-workout 2 I also finally felt the feeling of "Alright Jillian. I'm not giving up yet. Bring it on tomorrow because lady, I'm ready for you to BRING IT!" I bid you adeu for now Miss Jillian but I shall see you again today @ 4:30pm. Bring your torture. Bring your pain. But baby, you better bring me a better physique, stamina and strength at the end of this 30 Day Challenge. (I know you will. *wink*) Until then.....
P.S. ~ Starting weight 132.0. One week of The 30 Day Shred Progress is a 2 pound loss bringing me to 130.0
P.S.S. ~ I will follow Amber's suit and will post my before pics (and measurements) but it will probably be at the end of this challenge with my after pics (and measurements). That is, unless I change my mind and post before and if that's the case I will notify you then. ;o)









I'm shredding it too! Good luck, and great job!
Hi Christina! That's great!!! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. Looking forward to following your progress.