Kathie
Photobucket

I've decided to embark on a 30 Day Challenge. Actually, it's an 84 Day Challenge with my fellow fitchicks. However, to keep things realistic and more obtainable for ME, I've decided to break up the 84 Day Challenge in 30 Day Challenge increments.

Yesterday started Day One of my first 30 Day Challenge. I've decided to do The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael's. I am sure you've all heard of it and maybe even tried it. I've had the DVD since it came out and just would always end up starting it then never finishing. Actually, that's been the story of my fitness life since having Little Bear two years ago. Truth be told, Pre-Little Bear, I was a fitness enthusiast. Very dedicated and motivated and just busted a move and threw the iron around like WHOA. It made me very happy. I miss it. I want it back.

We started the 30 Day Challenge off with Workout 1. I used *gasp* three pound weights *ungasp* for the workout. I am a little weakling right now. Then again, what do you expect from a once fitness nut turned couch pototoe? I did well through Circuit 1, by circuit two I was huffing and puffin. By circuit three I was toast. Done. So happy to have had that workout done but even happier that I DID IT! I got up and got active! Felt soooo good, too.

Other parts of my 30 Day Challenge is to follow a certain nutrition plan that was laid out for me a very long time ago. I wasnt exactly ready when I went food shopping on Sunday tho so this week it's mainly going by the menu plan the best I can but basically ensuring I have at least five servings of fruits/vegetables, two servings of dairy, two servings of natural fat and of course the most important 80 ounces of water consumed. That's the toughest one - getting that water in. Oy! I will do it but it just might take a few days to get there. LOL!

There is also one small adjustment in the ACTIVE part of this challenge. Due to a old back injury flaring up on me the other night, if 30 Day Shred poses to be too strenuous for me any day or I'm just not feeling it or whatever the case may be, the goal for this Challenge is to GET/BE ACTIVE so I could play on my Wii/Fit, walk the dog, do yoga, anything that has me MOVING for at least 20-30 minutes.

Another part of the 30 Day Challenge is to...

  1. track my food (currently doing on paper and will then add onto SparkPeople at the end of the week)
  2. take my daily supplements (mult-vitamin, B-Complex, Glucosamine)
  3. do Yoga at least once a week - for my Mind and my Body.
  4. spend at least one hour on the floor playing with Little Bear daily. (This hasn't been a problem before but now that i'm taking some of the little time left in my day for me, I need to make sure I remind myself that this is a priority. She's not going to be this small forever.)
  5. continue to read a book whether it takes a few days to finish or a month. (This has so far been a GREAT re-introduction the last two months. Pre-Little Bear, I used to read often. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Post-Little Bear, trying to read has been difficult to say the least. Somehow tho, the last two months i've been able to squeeze time in here and there. It's been wonderful and I would like to continue to make this a priority.)

Yuppers! That about sums up this 30 Day Challenge. I hope you'll follow me as I update on my journey to a Healthier and Happier in Mind & Body 84 Day Challenge. Here's to a GREAT First Installment in that challenge...30 Day Challenge: 30 Day Shred

Photobucket
Labels: edit post
0 Responses