Kathie
Photobucket

How many times do you find a recipe in a magazine, online, or given to by a friend that you wanted to set aside to try some day? The time comes you want to try one of those recipes (or you've already had and want to remake this delish dish) but could not seem to find the recipe? I cannot tell you how often that has been the case for me.

Poppa Bear is always saying I have to stop leaving recipes all over the house. How nice of an idea would it be to have them all stored away somewhere, in one central location, where they can easily be obtained? Yeah, sure! In your perfect world maybe. Little did I know Poppa Bear was suggesting something so brilliant! Sure, my gazillion colored folders full of recipes were all over but at least they were in a neat folder, yes? Wrong! It obviously wasn't working for me. Enter the idea of a Recipe Binder.

For years I was on the hunt for a perfect recipe holder. I came across cookbook ideas, recipe card ideas, etc. etc. but truth be told, all required a lot of work. More work that I have the time for. I mean, really, who has time to print off or write out recipe cards to put into a pretty binder? Certainly not me. Then it hit me.....I could get a el cheapo 3" binder (Compliments of one already in our office closet unused), grab some sheet protectors (already have those too because of my Avon business) and some tabs (which I did not have on hand but scored at 50% off using an AC Moore's gift card making the total a whopping $1.50!). Now, all the Family Tried & True favorites are in this Recipe Binder, protected by the sheet sleeves and organized in it's right category. It also has a clear pocket in the front so if my kitchen decor changes or I just change my mind on the looks I can update the cover. This works for me.

Find more Works for Me Wednesday tips head on over to We Are THAT Family.

Photobucket

4 Responses
  1. Genie Says:

    Totally doing this!! I have so many LOOSE recipes in multiple folders. They stay pretty streamlined and in one location, but I like the idea of having all tried and true recipes in one spot.

    Thanks Kathie!


  2. Mom2fur Says:

    I love my recipe binder! It isn't beautiful, but it sure is handy, LOL!


  3. Katie Says:

    Hey Kathie! I can't find your email anywhere on your blog or Avon site. It's not attached to your blogger profile. I wanted to let you know that you won a copy of Totally Toned Arms but have no way to contacting you other than via comment. Normally, I don't do this, an email has to be left but since you are a long time follower I thought I'd try to hunt you down. Please email me within 48 hours to accept or I'll have to pick a new winner and that would make me very sad:(
    katiesnestingspot@live.com


  4. Amy Says:

    I did this one year with a photo album and it worked brilliantly. I bought an album for each course so I could flip through it quickly. I love having stuff like that organized and at your fingertips!! Great idea!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by to say hi, it made my day!! ((hugs))