I am officially past the two week mark with The 30 Day Shred (aka 30DS) and I thought it was time for another update. Actually, I'll just update weekly like i've been doing. :o)
We started off the first week rather rough but pleasantly surprised at the end and even took my chance at Level 2. Go Me! Then we had week two.
Week two brought on new challenges. This was the week I would take on Level 3. Ey Curumba! She sure does make the exercises look easy on the telly but when you go to actually do the exercise. WHEW! What a workout! I was so glad it was still only 20 minutes. I was also glad it had some new music to it. You can say Level 3 has a lot more plyometrics than Levels 1 & 2. So, if you like that sort of thing, you will LOVE Level 3.
Once I tried Level 3 the rest of Week two basically went like this Level 1, Level 2, Level 1, Level 3. I ended up missing three workouts out of seven tho. The weekend ended up being more pre-occupied with other important items around the house such as de-cluttering for upcoming home improvement projects. (Which both will have to wait for blog posts of their own.)
We are now embarking on Week Three and I have to be honest with ya'll, I'm B O R E D with The 30 Day Shred. BORED! It's fun. It's challenging. It's only 20 minutes which let's face it is perfectly ideal for the Busy Momma but....well....I'm bored! I'm starting to need variety. The same script she says is starting to drive me batty. It's getting annoying. LOL! But heck, she sure does give you a killer workout! I want to see this 30DS through and I will do my best. However, truth be told, yesterday I was not feeling it. Not at all. I knew I had to do do SOMETHING tho. I already went two days without exercise. That's not good when you are trying to get back into it, ya know? So, what did I do? I whipped out my old trusty iPod and did a Cardio Coach workout. Specifically Volume 1. I opted not to do the optional third challenge and my workout still was completed in 30 minutes. I burned 218 calories. I was pleasantly surprised and felt great! I'll post more about these specific workouts another day. They certainly deserve a post of their own. So, will I still be Shredding It Up with the rest of ya'll? I'll certainly try but right now I need to mix things up to keep me interested. I think I'll play the DVD today and do a Level 1.
I'll update on my 30DS progress in a week. Until then, Keep on Shredding!









Oh my gosh, so funny! I was JUST about to do a post on it. I am so bored too! I don't want to do it anymore! I had to take those few days off, and it ended up being longer than I'd thought {I was late}. I was hoping that I was pregnant just so I'd have a good excuse to quit!!
Ugh, I think I'll keep doing it too, but not everyday. I'm so tired of it. I need to get back on track though.
It does get boring doesn't it? The quick results I'm seeing from my body slimming down, makes me go back though. :)
Have you tried the other workouts in her series? They have the Boost Metabolism, Burn Fat and No more trouble zones.
I like the BMBF because its circuits just like the shred, but its 6 circuits, doing everything 2x. Its killer, and you can just do 3 circuits like the shred, and its only a few minutes longer.
Good luck!
Amber - I do not think that I will continue to do it every day either. I will, however, do it for 30 days total. I really do not want to continue doing it but although it is boring it does give good results. We also know tho that trying to stay in the swing of things with exercise is hard so if it's boring we are more likely to fail in that goal. I think keeping things mixed up so that it's not boring will help us to stay on track and on our fitness goals. WE CAN DO IT!
Christina - I have not tried her other workouts yet. Thank you for the suggestions. I will have to check them out. Keep up the good work!