I don't know about you but sometimes I go through moments where there are a million things I would like to have and more often than not times where I cannot seem to think of a single thing that I would like to buy for myself. Sure, a new pair of pants would be nice but do I really need them? Certainly not. I rather spend my money on my daughter than on myself. I cannot tell you how many times I went out shopping for a little something for me only to come home with nothing for me and a ton of things for the Little. (It also holds true that when I do purchase something for myself, I feel guilty and have to get something for the Little as well.) I'm sure a lot of Mom's out there are shaking their heads in agreement and chuckling a little. Am I right?
The Christmas before last, I could not think of a single thing to tell my in-laws or husband what I wanted when asked. Last Christmas, I was smarter. I made a list up throughout the year and handed it out when asked. Truth be told, the list was like 22 items long. Ha! Everyone agreed tho that that happens when you don't purchase things for yourself and that when you plan throughout the year the list can get lengthy. I was told this because truth be told, I felt rather guilty giving everyone a list that long. I felt like I was being spoiled and selfish. Glad to find out I wasn't. But i'm going to be real with ya'll, I also felt a little disappointed after the holiday. Don't get me wrong, I was ever so grateful for what was given to me but there was some things on that list I really wanted and did not receive. I did not buy any of it throughtout the year because a) I would feel too guilty or b) because I needed to give people ideas of what to get me since i'm always sooo hard to shop for.
Currently, I have been doing quite a bit of daydreaming lately. I don't know why but for some reason there is just a lot of things that I would like to have. For example....
I would really like to own a Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain. But my frugal side of me thinks that this particular item is rather pricey for something I want to purchase just for me. Sure, it's investing in my healthy eatting style. Sure it'll pay for itself quickly because I can guarantee i'd use it at least once daily. Sure, i'd also be making healthy green juices for the Little. But $90.00? That's a big hunk of chump change! To which my mental thinking process continues on to try to find a more frugal alterantive. Which leads me to a Consumer Reports value of the Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor Surely, that's the better choice, right? However, it's only saving me $20.00. Sure, the $20 I could spend on something else (like fruits for my juicer) but would it not hurt to just take that $20 and get the better of the two? I would think so...wouldn't you? Still, whether this item is $70 or $90 I still feel that that is an awful lot of money to be spending on something I would want. This particular item wish has been weighing heavily on my mind for almost a week now! Le Sigh.... Maybe my blogger pals can help on this particular item dilemnia?
Other items I've been daydreaming about and adding to the ol' Wish List are....
This NEXT TiaraPro 24" Girls' Bike. (Which happens to be one of the items on my Christmas list that I did not get.) Both Little Bear and Poppa Bear have bikes. Poppa Bear bought himself a bike last year (with goals to pedal to and from work at least 2x a week after he builds up his stamina with practice last and this year)and we purchased Little Bear one for Christmas. I would really like to have family bike rides this Spring/Summer and am looking forward to it. However, I do not own a bike yet. This is the one I would like to own. The reviews are great and when I tested it out at the store I found out it was perfect for me. Which leads to the next item...
A Sunlite Cloud-9, Bicycle Suspension Comfort Saddle, Comfort Gel Ladies, Tri-color Lycra to go with the bike above. Let's face it, the bikes on these el' cheapo bikes are not comfortable! One of my besties, Genie, just bought this partiular seat and loves it. I always listen to her recommendations because they have never steered me wrong. (Love you, girl!)
I would also love, love, love the Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor With nearing the end of my Girls Gotta Move 5k training program I'm going to be doing a lot more outdoor running and a lot less treadmill running. It'll be far too nice outside to be inside on the the treadmill. This handy, dandy gadget will be a very resourceful and useful tool for me as I continue my running endevours - especially since I plan to complete my first 5k this year (and hopefully a few more!).
I also need new cross-training/walking sneakers. I refuse to wear my running shoes for daily walks and cross training workouts. That's putting mileage on my running shoes and I'm not having that.(After all, running shoes are NOT cheap and I prefer to get the maximum useage out of them, thankyouverymuch.) With the Springlike weather we've been having, I take afternoon walks at lunch and then another walk in the evening with the Little Bear. This Momma needs some cross-training/walking sneaks.
Hm, am I seeing a pattern with my wish list here?
A few more things on my list are...
The Rubbermaid 2856049 Rubbermaid Reveal Microfiber Spray Mop because I am sick and tired of getting down on my hands and knees to scrub my floors. I had the swifter and hated it. The stupid wax would build up on my laminate/pergo flooring and I'd end up having to get on my hands and knees anyway. Enter the Shark Steam Mop and well, that did not live up to it's name either. All that thing did was push my dirt to the edges of my flooring requiring me to take a rag and go around the edges and pick them up. It also left a dull finish. Not good! I heard exceptional things about the Rubbermaid 2856049 Rubbermaid Reveal Microfiber Spray Mop and I want to try it. I like the fact that it comes with it's own cleaning agent container - where you can use any cleaner (chemical filled or natural cleaning products) you so desire. That saves on money (and the environment should you chose). Also available for purchase is the Rubbermaid Inc 1M20-00-RED Reveal Dry Dusting Microfiber Pad . This works out great because I need that kind of attachement for Little Bear's room.
I've also been daydreaming about the Kindle and the Nook Color. Yup, I would love to own an e-reader but just the thought of the cost of such an item sends my head spinning into those thoughts that I have when thinking about the juicer - tho these thoughts also lean more on the frivilous side for this item. The thing with e-readers that i've been hesitant with is the fact that I love to go the local library. The books are free and just the whole adventure of going to the library, hunting for the perfect one, etc etc awakens my spirit and is so lively and thrilling. Having an e-reader, you loose that experience. Also, from what I am gathering, books aren't exactly free on the e-readers. And what about borrowing books? From what I am reading, the e-readers are still working on perfecting this. And how does these e-readers work with your local library - if at all?! I just dont know but the thought of having one would be nice. Then again, that might just be me seeing everyone having one and wanting one for just that reason. Ha!
Hm, I thought this list was a lot longer than that but apparently it's not. However, there are some pricing items on this list so that's probably why. Ha!! So, that's what i've been daydreaming about lately. How about you?
Have you been daydreaming of any special items you've been wanting to purchase? If so, what? Do you forsee yourself making this purchase soon and if so, why not? And this one's for the Momma's ... Do you have the same mental thoughts and battles within yourself about personal purchases for yourself? What's your take on it?
The Christmas before last, I could not think of a single thing to tell my in-laws or husband what I wanted when asked. Last Christmas, I was smarter. I made a list up throughout the year and handed it out when asked. Truth be told, the list was like 22 items long. Ha! Everyone agreed tho that that happens when you don't purchase things for yourself and that when you plan throughout the year the list can get lengthy. I was told this because truth be told, I felt rather guilty giving everyone a list that long. I felt like I was being spoiled and selfish. Glad to find out I wasn't. But i'm going to be real with ya'll, I also felt a little disappointed after the holiday. Don't get me wrong, I was ever so grateful for what was given to me but there was some things on that list I really wanted and did not receive. I did not buy any of it throughtout the year because a) I would feel too guilty or b) because I needed to give people ideas of what to get me since i'm always sooo hard to shop for.
Currently, I have been doing quite a bit of daydreaming lately. I don't know why but for some reason there is just a lot of things that I would like to have. For example....
I would really like to own a Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain. But my frugal side of me thinks that this particular item is rather pricey for something I want to purchase just for me. Sure, it's investing in my healthy eatting style. Sure it'll pay for itself quickly because I can guarantee i'd use it at least once daily. Sure, i'd also be making healthy green juices for the Little. But $90.00? That's a big hunk of chump change! To which my mental thinking process continues on to try to find a more frugal alterantive. Which leads me to a Consumer Reports value of the Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor Surely, that's the better choice, right? However, it's only saving me $20.00. Sure, the $20 I could spend on something else (like fruits for my juicer) but would it not hurt to just take that $20 and get the better of the two? I would think so...wouldn't you? Still, whether this item is $70 or $90 I still feel that that is an awful lot of money to be spending on something I would want. This particular item wish has been weighing heavily on my mind for almost a week now! Le Sigh.... Maybe my blogger pals can help on this particular item dilemnia?
Other items I've been daydreaming about and adding to the ol' Wish List are....
This NEXT TiaraPro 24" Girls' Bike. (Which happens to be one of the items on my Christmas list that I did not get.) Both Little Bear and Poppa Bear have bikes. Poppa Bear bought himself a bike last year (with goals to pedal to and from work at least 2x a week after he builds up his stamina with practice last and this year)and we purchased Little Bear one for Christmas. I would really like to have family bike rides this Spring/Summer and am looking forward to it. However, I do not own a bike yet. This is the one I would like to own. The reviews are great and when I tested it out at the store I found out it was perfect for me. Which leads to the next item...
A Sunlite Cloud-9, Bicycle Suspension Comfort Saddle, Comfort Gel Ladies, Tri-color Lycra to go with the bike above. Let's face it, the bikes on these el' cheapo bikes are not comfortable! One of my besties, Genie, just bought this partiular seat and loves it. I always listen to her recommendations because they have never steered me wrong. (Love you, girl!)
I would also love, love, love the Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor With nearing the end of my Girls Gotta Move 5k training program I'm going to be doing a lot more outdoor running and a lot less treadmill running. It'll be far too nice outside to be inside on the the treadmill. This handy, dandy gadget will be a very resourceful and useful tool for me as I continue my running endevours - especially since I plan to complete my first 5k this year (and hopefully a few more!).
I also need new cross-training/walking sneakers. I refuse to wear my running shoes for daily walks and cross training workouts. That's putting mileage on my running shoes and I'm not having that.(After all, running shoes are NOT cheap and I prefer to get the maximum useage out of them, thankyouverymuch.) With the Springlike weather we've been having, I take afternoon walks at lunch and then another walk in the evening with the Little Bear. This Momma needs some cross-training/walking sneaks.
Hm, am I seeing a pattern with my wish list here?
A few more things on my list are...
The Rubbermaid 2856049 Rubbermaid Reveal Microfiber Spray Mop because I am sick and tired of getting down on my hands and knees to scrub my floors. I had the swifter and hated it. The stupid wax would build up on my laminate/pergo flooring and I'd end up having to get on my hands and knees anyway. Enter the Shark Steam Mop and well, that did not live up to it's name either. All that thing did was push my dirt to the edges of my flooring requiring me to take a rag and go around the edges and pick them up. It also left a dull finish. Not good! I heard exceptional things about the Rubbermaid 2856049 Rubbermaid Reveal Microfiber Spray Mop and I want to try it. I like the fact that it comes with it's own cleaning agent container - where you can use any cleaner (chemical filled or natural cleaning products) you so desire. That saves on money (and the environment should you chose). Also available for purchase is the Rubbermaid Inc 1M20-00-RED Reveal Dry Dusting Microfiber Pad . This works out great because I need that kind of attachement for Little Bear's room.
I've also been daydreaming about the Kindle and the Nook Color. Yup, I would love to own an e-reader but just the thought of the cost of such an item sends my head spinning into those thoughts that I have when thinking about the juicer - tho these thoughts also lean more on the frivilous side for this item. The thing with e-readers that i've been hesitant with is the fact that I love to go the local library. The books are free and just the whole adventure of going to the library, hunting for the perfect one, etc etc awakens my spirit and is so lively and thrilling. Having an e-reader, you loose that experience. Also, from what I am gathering, books aren't exactly free on the e-readers. And what about borrowing books? From what I am reading, the e-readers are still working on perfecting this. And how does these e-readers work with your local library - if at all?! I just dont know but the thought of having one would be nice. Then again, that might just be me seeing everyone having one and wanting one for just that reason. Ha!
Hm, I thought this list was a lot longer than that but apparently it's not. However, there are some pricing items on this list so that's probably why. Ha!! So, that's what i've been daydreaming about lately. How about you?
Have you been daydreaming of any special items you've been wanting to purchase? If so, what? Do you forsee yourself making this purchase soon and if so, why not? And this one's for the Momma's ... Do you have the same mental thoughts and battles within yourself about personal purchases for yourself? What's your take on it?








I love this topic. What I started doing is making a list of the things. If a month later I still wanted it and its pricey I'll start to save for it. I usually end up buying things I really will use before I save for the whole thing but this usually works for me. We got a lot of appliances for the kitchen over the holidays and we're putting them all to really great use. Any item that promotes health and not vanity or materialism is more important than new shoes or dresses or purses or clothes.
That is a great idea, Stephanie! I'll have to use that tactic. :o)