Kathie
Before we get into the nitty gritty, I want to show you the map of the weather forecast we had yesterday into today...

Photobucket

Pretty crazy, right? HAHAHA! (I so loved this and just had to share - and why it got tossed around on Facebook yesterday versus the weekend is beyond me. Still, it's rather hilarious!)

Tis the season for the sickies. As you all know, the Poppa Bear has been down for the count for the last few days. I finally convinced him to see the doctor as I was afraid it was walking phenomonia (spelling?). Turns out, I was almost right. LOL! The Dr said because he did not have a fever or a constant one all day that he did not have the walking phenomonia but broncitis. That's not to say he couldn't get it just that it's a good thing he came in when he did. He was given an antibiotic, an inhaler and instructions to rest.

Photobucket

Of course he went into work shortly after his appointment. He's not the type of guy that can sit and rest if he can help it. I told him I understood but if he has to go in to please take it down a few notches. We don't want to end up having to admit him into the hospital later on. Well, he woke up this morning already feeling better..imagine that. However, not before giving it to both Little Bear and I.

That's right folks, i'm officially under the weather now myself. I woke up yesterday morning with an uncomfortable cough. You know the kind, sore but not really. scratchy but not really..just uncomfortable. As the day progressed the throat was getting worse and I could feel my body shutting down. Come 2pm it was really starting to wear me down. I'm a Momma though and nothing stops for us so I kept pushing through, fighting it to get the daily responsibilities done...dinner (The lazy kind because I was feeling SICK), Photobucket dinner clean up, tend to the Little Bear, evening baths and showers. I was fading and fading fast! I can't tell you how many times I just stopped what I was doing and just laid on the floor. HA!

Poppa bear was kind enough to run to the local CVS for me to grab some tissues, something for my throat (that I forgot to take a picture of), those cool shower tablets for when you're sick (I really like them). When he went to the store, I managed to gather up the evening necessities Photobucket  because at 6:30, I was getting a hot shower and getting into my jammies. That there neutralizer above I will post about later but I basically I put it in a basin of warm water and soak my feet for thirty minutes. It helps release any toxins my body carries. It's good stuff and i've been using it for six years!

What's even worse is now the Little Bear has it too. She started coughing on Sunday and last night she was saying her throat hurt and had a hard time sleeping. This morning, she did not want her Mommy to go to work and even brought out the water works. Talk about making me feel bad. =(  My heart was broken but I had to come to work. Le Sigh.....I just hope she doesnt get any worse and I can nip that in the bud fairly quickly. This thing that Poppa Bear is passing around the house is awful and just too awful for a three year old to have.

Needless to say folks, my cross-trainng day on the workout schedule did not happen last night and I'm okay with that. I wanted to rest up because today's supposed to be a minute increase in my 5k run training program and I dont want to miss it. I am hoping for the best and going to try to do it tonight anyway - despite being sick. Even if I have to run slooowwww im doing it. Im three weeks and am not going to be derailed now and have to start over. I just really dislike when that happens. Here's hoping today will be a good day, so far i'm feeling like poop!

How's the Winter Cold Season around your house? Have you been lucky enough to avoid it thus far? How do you handle being sick? What are some of your go-to's - whether food or over the counter medications?

Photobucket
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. gmontalvo13 Says:

    love the pic, that is hilarious! especially since here in texas it hit 20 degrees and everyone is freaking out! :)


  2. caree Says:

    It has been a tough winter with the sicknesses!! I hope you start to feel better real soon! Its especially hard when you don't feel good and trying to care for a sick kid too! Hang in there'1


  3. Kathie Says:

    gmontalvo13 - I can totally see why they would act that way. still too funny tho!

    Caree - Thanks!! It is hard, as i'm sure you know first hand also. im trying to get better quick! The Little Bear has gotten worse over the last 24 hours and really needs her Mommy.