Kathie
How was everyone's Presidents Day yesterday? Were you one of the lucky ones to have off of work? Not me. I had to report in. Pooters!!!

My day started on the right foot. I woke up 20 minutes early and was able to ease into my morning. This was extra nice because I was able to give more time and attention to Little Bear. That alone is enough to make me smile.  But then, it downward spiraled....

I went to pull out of my driveway and well, some van (we live on a cut through street) turns the corner, gets in the middle of the street and slams on the gas. Giving me no room to straighten out in the street to pull away. He almost hit me trying to go around me. Guess someone was a little hot that I dare try to get out of my driveway? Perhaps he was late to work. Not my problem. People can be so rude anymore!!

Then, to continue on the trend, I lost my keyfab coming back from the shipping office to my office. I had to go all the way back to get it. (No big deal, extra exercise but it's just ..well, are you seeing the trend yet?). Then, I got a paper cut from a green hanging file folder. Ouchie!! Then, I tripped over a chair. I gave up and just decided to be blind and stop counting these bad luck things that kept happening to me today because it just wasn't stopping.....Ever have one of those days?

Guess I should tell you about my eats yesterday. I mean, I haven't really done so in awhile and it was sortof different than normal. ;o)

M1: 1/2C dry quick oats, 2T chia seeds, 1tsp cinnamon, 1/2 banana, 1C coffee, 1T Fat Free Coffeemate creamer (I really need to remember to take pics of my morning brekkie)

OOPS: 10 Dunken Donut holes..(Hey! How'd they get in there?!)

M2: You've all seen this one before...

Photobucket

M3: My first attempt at making chicken salad on a boston lettuce leaf, 1 Fuji apple and 1C Green Tea with Pomegranate. (In the chicken salad was: chicken, Kraft Olive Oil Mayo, Relish, Walnuts, Celery - it wasnt bad but next time I ease up on the mayo and maybe omit the relish and add some apple chunks) The boston lettuce was also my attempt at trying new produce. This week I bought two new produce items to try - boston lettuce and spaghetti squash. My thoughts on the boston lettuce - it's not too bad but I dont see how some of you can use it as a tortilla. I had a problem with chicken salad falling out or the lettuce breaking. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lunch really filled me up. Yumm-o!

M4: Ants on a Log with dark chocolate dreams peanut butter ---yummo! (This is my attempt to get in more veggies and try to get out of the rut in trying different things. Yeah, i'm reminded why I dont eat celery like this. I just cannot stand those rope like strings. *shudders* Hey! I tried.) I also had 1scoop of CLICK (heated in the microwave) and munched on green peppers and baby carrots the rest of the afternoon before I had to leave work and head home.  (Forgot pics again. Sorry! I was too hungry and forgot!)

M5:  Cinnamon Waffle, sausage links. grilled bananas

Oh and the verdict on Little Bear trying out the Ants on a Log......NO DICE! She wouldnt even touch it. Le Sigh.....

Last night's workout was Week 5, Workout 1 of the Girls Gotta Move 5k training program. It was just a 30 minute workout with running for four and walking for two. A refreshing break after Saturday's 36 minute segment of run for four and walk for two. I made sure to refule with a half slice of whole wheat bread with a little less than a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. I thought this would help fuel me for a good run. For some reason, I had a terrible run!! It felt so hard for some reason. I had to drop the pace to a 5.0 - any higher and i'd feel like I was dying. I also was running short of breath more quickly (if I did raise the speed) and was sweating bullets. I know i'm not getting sick. I don't know what gives! I can usually run a 5.0 easily and have been taking the speed up to 5.5-6.0 with no problem. I am so confused and have to admit, it sort of messed with my mental game just a little....

Have you ever had a bad run or workout? How did you cope?
Photobucket
4 Responses
  1. I had a day where I was just in a funk yesterday. And I didn't have anything like yours happen!

    The chicken salad looks good to me!


  2. Stephanie Says:

    I definitely have wonky funky days with workouts...especially running. By now I've realized that for me there are days that will just ROCK and there are days that will just SUCK. But each day that I just DO IT is a better day than the ones that I DON'T. :)


  3. I love the idea of trying a new veggie each week and your chkn salad B-lettuce wraps look so artistic!!

    I have defintely had a bad workout/run and usually evaluate my preparation and change that!! :)


  4. Jen Says:

    I am trying to learn to look for patterns. If I have one bad day then I try not to worry about it too much. If I have several in a week, I try to step back and see if I can figure out what's wrong.
    Your food looks delish! I love those lettuce wraps!