Kathie
Photobucket
Whelp, I did it. Despite being sick yesterday I did my Week 3, Workout 2 of the Girls Gotta Move 5k training program. I was not feeling so in-the-depths-of-dispair sick that I couldn't workout. I mean, I just did not want to miss this workout. It was an important progressive one. It was one where instead of running for three walking for two I was running for four walking for two for 25 minutes. See, I could not miss this workout! 

Since I was sick and quite determined I took the proactive approach and used my noggin. When it came to running I just ran at a 4.5 pace and walked at a 3.4 pace. It was super easy and smooth sailing. Truth be told, it didnt feel like working out too much. I did not want to push it tho...being sick and all. Actually, truth be told, I felt pretty darn good after the workout.  :) 

I did not wake up feeling that same greatness tho. I ended up waking up with the dreaded chest cough that the Poppa Bear and now Little Bear have as well. Rut Ruh Rorge!!!! That's okay, today's a scheduled rest day on the program and depending on how I feel, I might just skip out on the cross training day tomorrow (or do yoga instead!).  We'll see how i'm feeling but until then...it's lots of fluids, lots of vitamin C and lots of Dayquil and Nyquil.

And yes, despite my sickies the last few days, i've managed to eat exactly what was on the schedule. If I didnt, it was in the form of not being hungry and I just skipped that meal. O wait, scratch that..no, i had cereal for dinner last night. OK, so not too bad yesterday but it could have been a major derail. Glad it wasn't.  Now please excuse me while I go and blow my nose......but before I go....

How do you handle your workouts when you get sick? Do you skip them? Take them down a notch?
Photobucket
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. I handle mine much the same..good job to you!


  2. Genie Says:

    I totally play it by ear. It depends on the situation, for sure!


  3. Stephanie Says:

    Depends on what kind of sick. Stomach/flu sick---no way jose. Cold sick...just depends.


  4. caree Says:

    I usually go ahead and continue to workout..but if I am really feeling bad, then I give my body a few days off to rest.