I am really not one for new year resolutions. They just set you up for failure. Let's face it, a good portion of the population sets rather high, broad, extended and well, darn right unreachable/unattainable goals. Sure, they give it their all for a month, two, maybe three but then BAM! Gone! Why would anyone want to do that? To each there own but my motto is...goals! Short term. Long term. I love goals and am always creating them. Call it my Type A personality in affect if you will. LOL! With that being said....I've established some goals for 2011 and would like to share them with you. So for 2011, you will see more...
Spiritual:
Spiritual:
- Find a local church to attend or tune-in online to Aunt Mary's church's Sunday service
- Pray more
- Meditate for 15-30 minutes daily
- Read two books a month
- Complete FB 365 Project
- Consistent wake up time
- Organize all of Little Bear's pictures on the computer
- Knit more and expand my knowledge of the craft
- Take Wilton Cake Decorating Classes
- Enroll in Preschool two days a week
- More hands-on craft projects
- Explore at least four new places
- Start a Chore Chart
- Enroll in Gymnastics, Soccer or Karate
- Complete my first 5K
- Five "big boy" push-ups
- One one-minute plank daily
- Practice more yoga
- Adhere to my daily Healthy Eating Goals
- Keep current on routine/maintanence medical appointments
- Remember to take my SuperMom vitamins
- Get up and MOVE at least 4x a week
- Keep grocery budget under $500 month
- Research and find local sources of organic/local foods
- Research quick, easy and healthy meals to broaden our weekly menu plans
- Research and incorporate ideas for "picky eatters" (ie Little Bear)
Homemaking:
- Deep clean and organize one room a month in my home
- Purchase and use the Motivated Mom's Planner
- Update phone contacts and address book. Then transfer information onto computer
- Establish and utilize my Couponizer system (it really was great when I was on-top-of-it)
- Complete all Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving
- Cap the office walls with sheet rock and paint
- Make curtains for Little Bear's bedroom
- Install another pole and carpet in Litte Bear's bedroom closet
- Purchase and install blackout shades in bedroom's
- Declutter the attic
- New Roof
- Reestablish our monthly budget and establish weekly budget system
- Open another savings account







I'm happy to see that a 5K is on your list. I completed my first one in 2007 (and now I love participating in them...they're addicting). :)
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
I did notice your post on the 5K when I first found your blog last year. It was actually that post that gave me the inspiration and know that I could do it - with my little one.