Kathie
One of my goals for this year is to read more. Pre-Little Bear (3 years ago), I was an avid reader. I could not get my nose out of a book. Then she came along and well, it got pushed to the side because really, what Mom has time to read?! Enter the Twilight Series last year. Ok, I was way behind in the game here but it lit my fire i'll tell you what. I read all the books in a matter of a month! I haven't read that much in - yup, you guessed it - three years.  Well, needless to say, the Twilight Series ignited that reading fire I once carried and has followed suit ever since.  Mind you, it hasnt been as passionate or as swift as reading that series but here or there. I would read two books a month for a short while. Then, not pick a book up for a month or only make it through a book a month.

Ideally, my goal is to eventuall be able to read one book a week. That's four books a month. I know I can do it. I also know that that's pretty far fetched for me right now. Alas, i've come up with a reading goal for 2011. A realistic goal if you will. My goal is to read two books a month for the rest of the year. By the end of the year I am looking to have completed 24 books. Pretty realistic, wouldn't you say?

Starting off the New Year, I have placed four books on hold at the local library. Only two have come in thus far and so, without further a-do, I proclaim the two books that I will read for the month of January.  They are:

Photobucket

These two books came highly recommended by MomAdvice’s website. She does a monthly book reading recap as one of her goals last year was to read more often.  She has a broad list and there is surely something for everyone.  She has not steered me wrong yet. As I was visiting some of my fellow bloggers this week, I also saw a trend...several of you are reading The Hunger Games also! We must be onto something folks.

Over the next year, I'll take book recommendations from Amy's reviews on her blog as well as my fellow readers over on Goodreads.com. If you are not a member of that site yet and love to read, I highly suggest you register. It's free to join and a valuable resource for any reader.  If you like, friend me. I'm under sunshinekathie. Hope to see you over there. Would love to see what is on your list of read, to-read or want to read. I am also open to suggestions as to what would be a good read via my blog so if you do not want to register for the formentioned site feel free to post them in my comments section. We all know a blogger loves comments. ;o)

What book(s) are you digging your nose into this month?

Photobucket
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses