I spoke too soon! Guess who woke up at 5:30 this morning..yup, Little Bear. She her her new hour long nap at 1(well, went to sleep at 1:30)..was woken up an hour later. Went to bed her normal 8:00pm but she still got up. Ugh. I 'm hoping this is an adjustment period. She really needs to sleep until 6:30. Wish me luck that it's just an adjustment and by week's end it's straightened itself out..that or we need to try something else.
In other news, I worked out!! (Hey! Get back up here. I know you fell out of your chair after reading that.) Yup! I did. I started the Girls Gotta Move 5k Training program last night. It was only a Run/Walk 3/2 for 25 minutes but I did it. And it felt great! I'm certainly a tad bit out of shape but that's to be expected since it's been hit or miss for the last two-three months. Gotta start somewhere right?
I am so proud of myself. Last night I was so busy! After work, instead of starting to get settled in, pack lunches, make dinner, blah, blah blah..Little Bear wanted to play with playdough with me. I couldn't say no so I did. It, of course, put me alittle behind schedule for the night but hey! She's only going to be three once and in 20 years i'll look back and wonder why I pushed her to the side to "get things done" when I could have spent the time with her. Anyway, by the time all my evening obligations were complete it was 6:30. Well, Little Bear goes to bed at 8:00. Part of her bedtime routine is the family snuggles on the couch watching tv for a half to an hour with her prior to. I was struggling in my head and then said "to heck with it. it's only 25 mins. I can do that, shower and be ready by 7:30. a half hour to give her is better than none". So, I did. :-) Now, I know some of you are saying "well, you can always do it when she goes to bed" No, I can't. I get into that mental state of relaxation and cant do squat. HA! Well, right now anyway.
My eats were spot on also - well, minus dinner. LOL! I'm contemplating posting pics of them as some of you do but I am not sure. I eat the same stuff Mon-Friday for everything but dinner (which is always different). It'll be boring and monotenious. But here's what I ate yesterday on paper....
M1: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 2T shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 banana, 1 slice of P28 bread (it's a high protein bread - im doing a PR of it later on this week), 1C coffee, 2T Coffeemate Fat Free Skinny latte creamer
M2: Oikio's Carmel Yogurt, 1/2 red grapefruit
M3: 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 green pepper, 2T Low Fat Ranch Dressing, 6 slices turkey breast, 2T Olive Oil Mayo, 2 slices tomatoe, Honey Wheat Arnold Thin
M4: Fit & Active String Cheese, Orange
M5: 2 Cinnamon Waffles, three breafkast sausages, 4T Light Butterworth Syrup
M6: 1 small brownie
H20: 60oz (A work in progress)
Drove into work in an icy mess!!! We got snow last night after 9pm and it lasted until about midnight. Then we got some rain/sleet/ice mix. Ugh! My car was covered in ice this morning! Was heck to get off. Driving into work was just as bad. I left 20 minutes earlier and arrived safely. I'm glad they did not remove the slush from the roads. They were right. The slush is the only thing giving you traction to drive. Crazy! Here's hoping the sun melts most of it today.
I made Janetha's beef stew recipe in the crockpot this morning. It's the perfect recipe for such a Wintery day. A perfect comfort food. It smells and looks good. I cannot wait to get home and taste it's yummy goodness!! I also hope that it's a hit with the Poppa Bear and Little Bear - both are such picky eatters!!!
What foods do you like to eat to comfort you on a warm, cold, blistery day?
In other news, I worked out!! (Hey! Get back up here. I know you fell out of your chair after reading that.) Yup! I did. I started the Girls Gotta Move 5k Training program last night. It was only a Run/Walk 3/2 for 25 minutes but I did it. And it felt great! I'm certainly a tad bit out of shape but that's to be expected since it's been hit or miss for the last two-three months. Gotta start somewhere right?
I am so proud of myself. Last night I was so busy! After work, instead of starting to get settled in, pack lunches, make dinner, blah, blah blah..Little Bear wanted to play with playdough with me. I couldn't say no so I did. It, of course, put me alittle behind schedule for the night but hey! She's only going to be three once and in 20 years i'll look back and wonder why I pushed her to the side to "get things done" when I could have spent the time with her. Anyway, by the time all my evening obligations were complete it was 6:30. Well, Little Bear goes to bed at 8:00. Part of her bedtime routine is the family snuggles on the couch watching tv for a half to an hour with her prior to. I was struggling in my head and then said "to heck with it. it's only 25 mins. I can do that, shower and be ready by 7:30. a half hour to give her is better than none". So, I did. :-) Now, I know some of you are saying "well, you can always do it when she goes to bed" No, I can't. I get into that mental state of relaxation and cant do squat. HA! Well, right now anyway.
My eats were spot on also - well, minus dinner. LOL! I'm contemplating posting pics of them as some of you do but I am not sure. I eat the same stuff Mon-Friday for everything but dinner (which is always different). It'll be boring and monotenious. But here's what I ate yesterday on paper....
M1: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 2T shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 banana, 1 slice of P28 bread (it's a high protein bread - im doing a PR of it later on this week), 1C coffee, 2T Coffeemate Fat Free Skinny latte creamer
M2: Oikio's Carmel Yogurt, 1/2 red grapefruit
M3: 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 green pepper, 2T Low Fat Ranch Dressing, 6 slices turkey breast, 2T Olive Oil Mayo, 2 slices tomatoe, Honey Wheat Arnold Thin
M4: Fit & Active String Cheese, Orange
M5: 2 Cinnamon Waffles, three breafkast sausages, 4T Light Butterworth Syrup
M6: 1 small brownie
H20: 60oz (A work in progress)
Drove into work in an icy mess!!! We got snow last night after 9pm and it lasted until about midnight. Then we got some rain/sleet/ice mix. Ugh! My car was covered in ice this morning! Was heck to get off. Driving into work was just as bad. I left 20 minutes earlier and arrived safely. I'm glad they did not remove the slush from the roads. They were right. The slush is the only thing giving you traction to drive. Crazy! Here's hoping the sun melts most of it today.
I made Janetha's beef stew recipe in the crockpot this morning. It's the perfect recipe for such a Wintery day. A perfect comfort food. It smells and looks good. I cannot wait to get home and taste it's yummy goodness!! I also hope that it's a hit with the Poppa Bear and Little Bear - both are such picky eatters!!!
What foods do you like to eat to comfort you on a warm, cold, blistery day?






