Happy Martin King Luther Day!!
I hope that you are enjoying your day off - if you are off that is. If you're stuck working like me, I hope your day goes by super fast. I know for me, so far, it is -- then again, my Monday's typically do. LOL!
If you recall, last week I had reached out because I was having sleeping troubles with the Little Bear. Although I did not get much of a response here, I did get some over on my Facebook page. Out of all the suggestions, the concensus seemed to be either shorten her nap time or cut it out all together. DD is only three so cutting her nap out all together just didnt sit well for me. However, if all other avenues failed I would certainly be open to trying it.
This weekend, we decided to put her down for her nap at 1 (it actually ended up being 1:36 by the time she fell asleep) and woke her up an hour later (instead of her two hour nap). It was tough getting her awake and out of bed but that small change appeared to work. We put her down around her normal 8pm bedtime and walah! She woke up at 6:30. I'm hoping after the adjustment phase she'll continue to sleep well and rise around the same time, We'll see how it goes. Thus far, I am very thankful of the adjustment we made.
In other news, Little Bear had a Toys R Us gift card to burn. She was given one for her birthday and both DH and I had decided to wait until after Christmas to take her and spend it. This was Little Bear's first time in TRU actually understanding what the store was. It was also her first time flying solo (aka not riding in a shopping cart). Oh, what fun! She tested out almost every toy - not missing a single one. She was just so happy! She did not really get "stuck" on a toy until she found the Disney Princess Shopping Cart.
Oh, my lordy! She just HAD TO HAVE IT!! Nothing else before or after mattered..that was IT! And let me just tell you it has been pretty much glued to her hip all weekend since we brought it home. Of course, she thought the purple Tinkerbell Upholstered Rocking Chair was nice too and since Poppa Bear was away on business all last week and wanted to make up for it (LOL) we also ended up walking out with that too. (Now she has a matching chair to go with her sofa. lucky kid lemme tell ya). She really loves sitting in this (when she's not strolling along with her new shopping cart) to watch her new Despicable Me (for the thousand time) or reading her books.
Nothing really exciting on my end happened this weekend other than that. I did the typical laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping runs. I wanted to start my Girls Gotta Move 5k Training program yesterday so that my schedule this week could be (for that anyway) Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday but alas that did not end up happening. It was just too cold in that basement. (I know, poor excuse) I did, however, get to do some yoga flows ala Pocket Yoga HD app on my iTouch. (also available for iPad) Ahhhhh.... Now to try to figure out my plan of attack for my workouts this week. I know I want to do the 5K training program and the I know I want to throw in yoga or pilaties on the off days. Hmmm...
How was your weekend? Do anything fun?
*Links provided I am not affiliated with. I just am merely directing you to the products that I am speaking of.
I hope that you are enjoying your day off - if you are off that is. If you're stuck working like me, I hope your day goes by super fast. I know for me, so far, it is -- then again, my Monday's typically do. LOL!
If you recall, last week I had reached out because I was having sleeping troubles with the Little Bear. Although I did not get much of a response here, I did get some over on my Facebook page. Out of all the suggestions, the concensus seemed to be either shorten her nap time or cut it out all together. DD is only three so cutting her nap out all together just didnt sit well for me. However, if all other avenues failed I would certainly be open to trying it.
This weekend, we decided to put her down for her nap at 1 (it actually ended up being 1:36 by the time she fell asleep) and woke her up an hour later (instead of her two hour nap). It was tough getting her awake and out of bed but that small change appeared to work. We put her down around her normal 8pm bedtime and walah! She woke up at 6:30. I'm hoping after the adjustment phase she'll continue to sleep well and rise around the same time, We'll see how it goes. Thus far, I am very thankful of the adjustment we made.
In other news, Little Bear had a Toys R Us gift card to burn. She was given one for her birthday and both DH and I had decided to wait until after Christmas to take her and spend it. This was Little Bear's first time in TRU actually understanding what the store was. It was also her first time flying solo (aka not riding in a shopping cart). Oh, what fun! She tested out almost every toy - not missing a single one. She was just so happy! She did not really get "stuck" on a toy until she found the Disney Princess Shopping Cart.
Oh, my lordy! She just HAD TO HAVE IT!! Nothing else before or after mattered..that was IT! And let me just tell you it has been pretty much glued to her hip all weekend since we brought it home. Of course, she thought the purple Tinkerbell Upholstered Rocking Chair was nice too and since Poppa Bear was away on business all last week and wanted to make up for it (LOL) we also ended up walking out with that too. (Now she has a matching chair to go with her sofa. lucky kid lemme tell ya). She really loves sitting in this (when she's not strolling along with her new shopping cart) to watch her new Despicable Me (for the thousand time) or reading her books.
Nothing really exciting on my end happened this weekend other than that. I did the typical laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping runs. I wanted to start my Girls Gotta Move 5k Training program yesterday so that my schedule this week could be (for that anyway) Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday but alas that did not end up happening. It was just too cold in that basement. (I know, poor excuse) I did, however, get to do some yoga flows ala Pocket Yoga HD app on my iTouch. (also available for iPad) Ahhhhh.... Now to try to figure out my plan of attack for my workouts this week. I know I want to do the 5K training program and the I know I want to throw in yoga or pilaties on the off days. Hmmm...
How was your weekend? Do anything fun?
*Links provided I am not affiliated with. I just am merely directing you to the products that I am speaking of.








