Kathie
Whew!! I just had thee most awesome, fabulous, hot, sweaty workout ever!!! I don't know why but for some reason my Week 3, Workout 1 of my Girls Gotta Move 5k training program was killer!! I was a hot, sweaty, stinky mess!! (and loved every minute of it). I even ran at a 5.4 pace. Granted, it's not the 6.0 that I am used to from months ago but it's not bad. I mean, im going for distance right now, not speed so....

Well, since we got the fitness portion out of the way, may as well conduct the eats of today. Now, I may not do this daily anymore folks. Tina was talking about this last week and I completely agree. I menu plan, as most of you know, which helps me keep to the family's grocery budget we set each week. By doing this, it saves us from spending frivelously. It also helps take the stress out of "what's for dinner" as well as other things. This also means eatting the same thing for Breakfast (M1), Mid-Morning Snack (M2), Lunch (M3) and Mid-Afternoon Snack (M4) with each Dinner (M5) being different daily. There really is no reason to bore you all with tears with the same day-in/day-out meals Mon-Fri. I'll post them once in awhile (probably just on Monday's) but that's about it. (Tho I must say im contemplating at least writing them down on the non-photo days for accountability so I dont fall off the wagon)....anyway, that's what i've been thinking so dont be surprised if I don't post it...it's not because of being lazy, it's because it's just the same thing as the day before and the day before that. HA! 

Here's what went into my belly today...

M1:  1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1T shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2C Quick Oats, 2T Chia Seeds, 1T Ground Cinnamon, 2C regular coffee, 2T Great Value Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Creamer, 1 Small Banana == and yes, that's a Christmas dessert plate. Someone forgot to pack those away with the rest of the holiday decor. oopsie!
Photobucket

M2: Oiko's Carmel Yogurt (it's like a dessert! i love this stuff!), 1/2 red grapefruit
Photobucket

M3: Fit & Active Chipotle Black Bean Soup, 1 Green Pepper, 2T Light Ranch Dressing, 1 small orange, vitamin
Photobucket

M4: Chicken Salad Kit, Cocoa Roasted Almonds, 1C coffee, 1T coffee creamer (both not pictured)
Photobucket

M5: No pics. Sorry. 4ozs chicken strips, green beans
H2O: 60 ounces. (why on why cant i bump this number up?!)

On another note, I forgot to tell you guys what I saw at Walmart on Saturday....Check out these beauties!!!

Photobucket

Yes, I bought all three new flavors. No, I have not tried them all yet. I just tried the Mint Chocolate Chip so far (bc i have a bit of an obsession with MCC ice cream) and OH.MY.GOSH! Tastes just like it. So good!!! Seriously, if you are watching calories and want something sweet just grab a stick of this stuff. It will rock.your.face! Im going to test drive the Strawberry Shortcake tomorrow and the Key Lime on Wednesday. I'll let ya know how they go but i'm sure that they will be equally as enjoying as the mint chocolate chip.

When I came home from work today, I found Little Bear rushing around her kitchen area, quickly putting something in her oven (to hide from Mommy). Man, if I could have caught the look and body movements/form that she was doing when I walked in the door. And as Im walking in she goes "hurry, Mommy's coming in" and then "the look". I couldnt capture it but I did manage to capture this...

Photobucket

"I didnt do it. I don't know what you're talking about" pretty much sums up this picture. Silly girl! But I'll tell you what, it sure felt great coming in the door from work and within seconds had this little ray of sunshine quickly engulf and surround me with such light and love. I am truly a blessed woman.

What made your Monday so great today? Did anything special happen to you? even if just for a moment? think about it...there is always something that comes along during the day that just makes you smile. What was your's?

Photobucket
3 Responses
  1. My Monday was great!! Congrats on Day 1 Week 3...I am doing it tomorrow!!


  2. Stephanie Says:

    Monday is always great for me because I enjoy finding the structure for the week!

    Hope you're having an awesome Tuesday! That little Bear should keep you smiling! She's a cutie!


  3. caree Says:

    I have treid all of those flavors and seriously chewed a whole pack in one day! I hate that the taste goes away so fast!