Kathie
Photobucket

That there graphic above pretty much sums up my Monday, folks - or any day really. I mean, what Mom doesn't have to try to juggle housework, the kid and fit in a workout (somehow!)?

Monday's are typically a busy day in the office. It was the same ol, same ol' run of the mill day.  Of course I left my camera at home this morning and so I could not take pictures of my meals today. Not that it matters, I ate the same M1, M2, M3 and M4 that I have for the last few weeks - ok, maybe with a few tweaks. HAHAHA! In case you missed what those meals were.....

M1: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 2T shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1 slice of P28 bread, 2C coffee, 4T Coffeemate Fat Free Skinny latte creamer

M2: Oikio's Carmel Yogurt, 1/2 red grapefruit

M3: 6 slices turkey breast, 2T Olive Oil Mayo, Honey Wheat Arnold Thin, 1C Progresso High Fiber Chicken Tuscony soup, Orange

M4: Fit & Active String Cheese,  1/2 cucumber, 1 green pepper,  2T Low Fat Ranch Dressing, 1C coffee, 1 lil coffeemate creamer

M5: 1 egg, 2 egg whites (scrambled eggs), 4 french toast sticks, 4T Light Syrup

M6: 2 packets of Peanut Butter Wafers #UTTER FAIL (they are such a gateway food for me. I should have never went food shopping hungry on Saturday)

H20: 60oz (A work in progress)

Alright, so aside from that small derail at M6 I didnt do too bad. I really gotta work on the water intake tho. i'm not drinking nearly enough. Work in progress right?

The Poppa Bear only works out three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). He had to drive to and from Conneticut today for an offsite job repair. Didn't expect him to workout today but he did and he started late. I, of course, can't go down to the basement to run on the treadmill (it's a 5k training run day) with the Little Bear so I had to wait until he was done. Needless to say, by the time he was done and showered it was ten minutes til the Little's nap time. Guys, I really didn't think I was going to workout. I wanted to but it felt like everything was against me. After I put the Little to bed, I said "Im just going to do it. No excuses. I'll feel better..esp. since I ate those Peanut Butter Wafers" and sure enough, at 8:00 I went to the ol' basement to get in Week 2, Workout 1 of my 5k running program. GO ME!!! I even added in an extra 20 minutes to give me 45 minutes. I only stopped then too (I wanted to get in 60) because I needed a shower and get ready for bed because my toosh has a bedtime of 10pm. So, yeah, with all the odds against me...I DID IT! I'm pretty happy about that...and also still on a killer runner's high. That session had to be one of the best...isn't that how it always works? You fight with yourself and fight with yourself and then when you do...WOW!

I also did significantly well with this 5k training run today. Vast improvements indeed. Instead of walking at a 3.4 and running at a 4.4 or 4.6..I was walking a 3.6 and running at a 5.5 all at a 1.5 incline as that is the lowest incline my treadmill will allow (which kinda sucks when your knees act up and really need a flat surface and no incline). Felt so great - especially since i'm only one week in after a month or so long hiatus. yayaya!! Go Me!!!

Whelp, I need to stretch out a bit more as I still feel alil tight. And I need some non-pc time to prepare myself for sleep. I forget where I read it or how it went exactly but it said something along the lines of the light from your pc screen actually keeps you awake. They recommend you shut it down X amount of time before your shut eye..*shrug*  Ya'll have a great night and i'll catch ya in the morning. ;o)

***Don't forget to check out my GYMBOSS Giveaway HERE

Photobucket
2 Responses
  1. OMG that pic describes my life perfectly!!


  2. Kathie Says:

    Ha! Oh I know you can relate. ha! ;)