Kathie
Howdy Folks!

Did ya'll have a great weekend? I sure hope so.  Our's was pretty uneventful or at least that's what I like to believe.

Saturday was the nonstop cleaning, laundry, errands day. I try to squeeze in everything I can on Saturday's (despite my guilt for not spending quality time with the Little Bear on a day off) so that on Sunday's there is nothing that needs to be done on Sunday except play with and spend time with my darling daughter.  Besides taking her to the stores with me on Saturday, she really didnt see much of me except helping me fold laundry and clean house. And really, what child likes doing that? Okay, well, mine does as im sure most children that are the age of three. But you know what I mean...Anyway, she didnt not mind tho. In her eyes, she was spending time with me. In my eyes, I wasnt giving her enough time but Sunday was coming and coming fast.

First things first, on Sunday's it is Changing Sheets day so a lot of this was going on...

Photobucket

Once all the sheets were removed and the washer started on them, I immediately went downstairs to throw in a Lazy Sunday Crock Pot Dinner that the Little Bear helped me to prepare...Egg Casserole (12 eggs, 1C milk, 1 green pepper, 2C diced ham, 2C shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 bag of Tater Tots and salt and pepper to taste - Cook on low for 8-10 hours)

Photobucket

Mmmm..doesn't that look good? Oh how it emulated the house with such an aroma. My mouth was watering..in the end it tasted so good! I think it also tasted especially good because I did not have to slave to cook it or clean up! I mean, wouldn't that make it taste better to any cook?

Since the Sunday mandatory tasks were completed the only thing left to worry about were, well, nothing. (Because I already packed our lunches for the week, laid out our clothes for tomorrow Photobucket and well, the only thing left was bath time and that was not til hours later).  As with every Sunday, the Little was given her weekly mani/pedi (I somehow managed to forget to snap a pic of this).  Other than that, she really was not up for much playing (I think she's coming down with whatever the Poppa Bear has...more on that later). She instead did a lot more of this (making me regret not playing with her when she had the energy the day before)...

Photobucket

Well, Shesh. If that's how the day was going to go I wasn't about waste it. I try to make Sunday's a grooming/spa day for me anyway. Sometimes I can fit it all in and sometimes i'm lucky to just get my manicure in. Yesterday, however, I was able to squeeze it all in -- and boy, did it feel GREAT!!!!

First, I started off my Sunday the way I start off every Sunday -- with my weekly treats!

Photobucket

This stuff tastes great (and also was cheaper than what it says because I get it at Aldi's for only $0.78) and gives me the energy I need to tackle the day. Consequently, my bladder is very sensitve to the stuff so this Momma had to get up and pee, like no lie, every 10 minutes. Only thing I hate about it...because, after all, the potty is upstairs. Blah! 

And then this treat mid-day ...

Photobucket

I found this beauty of a gem two weeks ago at Walmart. Chocolate and peanut butter?! Oh, my word!! I am already a fan of the Whatchamacallit but when I saw this "Thingamajig" well, it was love at first site! I've since kicked Whachamacallit to the waste side and replaced it with said Thingamajig." What a lovely slice of heaven - if I do say so myself.  Of course I enjoyed this savoring treat during my spa treatment time (which commensed after I put the Little Bear down for her nap)..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please pardon those frightening pasty white legs. I need a tan badly!!! Oy Vey!

I decided to do the mani/pedi first before the facial. My feet needed some pampering because, well, I have good ol' runners feet..yuck! Yup, I have an ingrown toenail right now...

Photobucket

Yeah, that's from running and well, to be honest, i cut the suckers too low which happens when my nails and skin are so dry. My fault and it's been this way for almost two months now. =( It does appear we are getting somewhere now tho....I hate ingrowns and hang nails. If you've had experience with them and have any pointers, please share as I have to admit, this is my first one.

In the end, my feet went from drab to fab!!!

Photobucket

Much better, no?  And while the piggies were waiting to dry, I did my manicure too!! Yes, I know the toes and feet are supposed to match but I don't care..

Photobucket

I'm now wishing I went for a bolder, more cheery color. The nude color looked and sounded good at the time now, not so much. Le Sigh....You know I wont redo them until next week. I just dont have the time.

With all this spa treatment labor I was getting hungry. It was time for a snack. I went for something that I saw at Aldi's on Saturday that rocks my socks off.

Photobucket

I must admit that I was hesitant to purchase these. I thought that they would be a "gateway" food for me and I'd dive into the whole box in one sitting. Not the case! These were just perfect for a little indulgence without breaking the bank on the ol calories meter.

I caught upon the Jersey Shore (my gulity pleasure..and since I had no Grey's or Private Practice to catch up on - that I usually do every Sunday...) and did some light reading while waiting for the nails to dry...

Photobucket

And then decided I finally had time to dye my hair (that was three months past due!)..

Photobucket

Ahhh, back to normal (Sorry, forgot to take pics with hair dye on and off. ha!)

I closed out the night with a facial using this...

Photobucket

and bleaching my teeth using this...

Photobucket

Ahhh, I feel human again!!! =)

That about sums up my Sunday. Oh, well, aside from doing some last minute bleaching in the house to cap up the night. The Poppa Bear has fallen ill last Wednesday and has gotten worse. All weekend he was very sore and achy. Classic symptoms of the flu however he was feeling better but his chest has sounded awful and he's letting out some green flem. To top it off, Little Bear started the cough last night. Not a good sign folks? So, out came the purple cleaning gloves, the bucket, the bleach and the Lysol one more time.

I have to call the Doctor today to see if I can squeeze the Poppa Bear in. He needs some sort of medication because it sounds to me that he has walking phenomeia (spelling?) and that's not good.  Here's hoping it's not that and just a bad case of something that can be fixed with an antibiotic.

Has the sickies hit your home? It seems to be going around (at least from what I read on my Facebook newsfeed) Do you try to pamper yourself on Sunday's? Is Sunday your lazy day? What do you do to try to pamper yourself? Do you have special weekly treats you indulge in? If so, what are they?

Photobucket
Labels: edit post
6 Responses
  1. glidingcalm Says:

    AW what a fun pamper day!! And you reminded myself that my nails look hideous and I need to paint them ASAP!


  2. Caree Says:

    I try to do most everything on Saturdays (laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc) too so my Sunday's can be relaxing! I can't remember the last time I pampered myself though! And I took my son to a gymnastics birthday party and I had to take my socks and shoes off to go on the mats and I was pretty embarrased by my toes! ha!


  3. Stephanie Says:

    LOVE the toenail color you chose!

    I make laundry time into a games sometimes with points and everything to keep the kiddos by my side and happy enough to do some chores. :)


  4. Kelsey Ann Says:

    high five for making your Sunday one to cherish- i mean seriously, i'd love to lay out on the layzboy, pull out the food hydrotherapy, relax into a neck pillow, get lost in a magazine and melt my worries away. plus have cute painted toes afterwards to admire! im coming over ASAP next weekend haha <3


  5. How do you pack lunches for a week?? You must do a how to on this!


  6. I'm off work on sundays so I love to be lazy!! Sunday always feels like a lazy day to me!!